Are you a free spirit? Do you like adventures? Then, you must set out free for a mountain or forest trekking. Wherever you go, backpacks with tents are must for every adventurous outing. Now, the thing is there are lots of backpacking tents available at the market. If you are going for the first hiking experience, you will get confused which one to buy.
Backpackers are available in different sizes and for separate purposes. Before buying one, you should have some idea about it, especially if you are a beginner. If you have any friends in your group who have experienced in trekking or hiking, you can ask them. Here is the guide where we have discussed certain things to help you to buy the best backpacking tents.
Big Agnes Copper Spur
Snugpak The Ionosphere
Weanas Waterproof Double Layer
Stansport Hunter Series Trophy
Don’t get confused and follow our tips:
- Go Through the Reviews. Are you buying online? Then, it is very important to check out the reviews minutely. You should look for such authors who are sharing their personal experience with the product. Once you get the details, you can visit any store and buy it.
- Concentrate on the Detailing. While buying backpacking tents, certain small things matter a lot. The essential things you need to check out, are:
- The rainfly at the interior door of the tent so that rain drops doesn’t drip and make the interior wet whenever you go inside and outside.
- The door zippers must be smoother so that it doesn’t stick at any corner or midway.
- Go for non-freestanding tents as these are lighter, and you can carry and pitch it quite easily.
- Buy Light Backpacking Tents. Are you a regular trekker? Then, you should go for lighter tents as these are easy to carry. If you have kids in your group, then also you should go for lightweight tents. Now, there are several lightweight tents which are not that much spacious. You should know the purpose before buying.
- Don’t Make Cost the Ultimate Thing. Yes, you should make a budget but don’t give it the top priority. Otherwise, you can end up with compromising several things. First, you should go for the convenience and then think about the price. There is nothing more important than comfort while you are on some adventurous outing.
- Know Your Trip Details. This is last but one of the most important matters you need to consider while buying backpacking tents. Are you hiking in an arid region like deserts or is it for mountain trekking? Are you going to an area that gets maximum rain or snowfall? You should know the route and tour plan in details while buying backpacking tents.
The Best Backpacking Tents You Can Buy
It is time to know which backpacking tents and brands are ruling the market and provides the best facilities to you:
Big Agnes Copper Spur Backpacking Tent
This will take the top place on the list. While you are on an adventurous outing, you need a quality backpacking tent that is easy to pack and inhabit and obviously, simple to set up. Big Agnes Copper Spur has enough interior space where 1-4 people can comfortably dwell inside on a rainy or snowy day.
Basic Features of Copper Spur:
- Media pockets above the sleeping area make it possible to rout cords from a phone or other devices.
- These are freestanding and superlight backpacking tents that makes your journey burden free.
- Each DAC poles are made from TH72M aluminum, and it is the latest technology that makes the tent durable enough.
- The body of the tent is made of polyester mesh and lightweight nylon. It also contains two rainbow doors.
- There are four interior mesh pockets and two media pockets.
- Due to mesh body, it offers the best ventilation.
- Great comfort.
- Protection from storm.
- Weather resistance.
- Excellent space.
- Fragile material.
- Window netting also can be easily damaged.
Snugpak Ionosphere 1 Person Tent
The name suggests the utilization of the tent. There are several persons who prefer to go to adventure traveling alone and want to enjoy the nature lonely. Even if you belong to a group where every people has to carry his own backpack; this can be the best choice for them.
Basic Features of Snugpak Ionosphere:
- Though it is made for one person, still you can dwell inside with your other gear and sometimes with your kid. It has that much space inside.
- The outer section is made of mesh, and therefore, it is waterproof; best for the rainy areas.
- You will find two small pockets on the inner mesh which is very useful for keeping essentials.
- With only two poles, you can pitch the tent perfectly.
- Easy setup.
- Reasonable price.
- No footprint.
- No vents.
Weanas Waterproof Double Layer Backpacking Tent
Do you have a group of 4 persons and don’t want to take separate tents? Do you plan to go backpacking with your family? Then, this tent is the best thing to carry. The interior designing of this tent is really adorable, and you can open the door in both ways. This tent can stand at hardy region though it is lightweight. A person can easily pitch the tent as it has 4 strong aluminum poles.
Basic Features of Weanas Waterproof Backpacking Tent:
- There are wind ropes around the tent to make the tent windproof.
- There are ventilation windows which can be opened on both sides.
- This is a 3 season tent applicable for maximum 4 people.
- The outer layer can be used as a storage place to keep shoes and backpack.
- There is a buckle which is used to roll up the outer door curtain.
- Best for compact camping, there is enough space only for sleeping.
GEERTOP 4 Season 2 Person Backpacking Tent
Another lightweight tent that is applicable for 2 persons and it is for 4 seasons. You can buy it from Amazon or other shop, but before, you should check it thoroughly for comfort, and if your needs are fulfilled.
Basic Features of GEERTOP:
- This is practically an all-season tent. If you are going to trek at snowy and mountain region, this is the best rated tent you can buy.
- It is very easy to set up the tent with the flysheet. One person can pitch the tent within 10 minutes.
- No matter if you are hiking or climbing at summer, autumn, spring or winter, this is one of the best backpacking tents available. It keeps you safe from cold snowy breeze and rain. The aluminum poles are quite sturdy to withstand rough weather, harsh winter breeze, and incessant rain.
- The complete waterproof body not only keeps you safe from the rain but it also provides protection from UV rays.
- Easy setup.
- Two doors.
- No footprint.
Choosing the right backpacking mosquito tent
If you are a person who loves to go out on impromptu trips, adventures or simply camping, hotels are definitely something you would not be that inclined to. It is best to stay out in the meadows or even set up your own camping ground. The only problem is probably the growing count of mosquitoes in the open, but that too can be solved with the backpacking mosquito tent.
SansBug Free-Standing Pop-Up Mosquito-Net tent
The SansBug Free-Standing Pop-Up Mosquito-Net Tarp Floor is definitely the thing that you have been waiting for. The design of it is something both easy to pop open, fold and carry on your adventure trips or even can be used at homes. The design of this mosquito tent has been made as such which makes it pop open easily without any kinds of hassle. The dimensions of the tent are ergonomically checked and are 86 inches, 39 inches and 35 inches in length, width and height respectively.
The entire product is composed of polyester mesh which makes the pore size of the tent very small to inhibit the entering of any kinds of bugs or no-see-ums. The tent is normally shipped across the world in a tri-folded fashion which renders it into a 26-inch disc in size, but the size can be reduced to around 20-inch disc as well as per the requirements. It is best suggested to pack the tent in a tri-fold because it makes it long last. Many of the users who have bought the product have raved about its ultralight weight of 2.5 lbs. One more thing as a cautionary alert is to watch the tutorials carefully as to how to fold it because doing it in a wrong way may end of splintering the poles.
Finding a backpacking hunting tent was not easy
Hunting is a word that can course an adrenaline rush and even ignite all the excitement in a person’s mind. And the very first thing that a person associated with hunting are the place they are going to stay in, the tents. Finding the perfect backpacking hunting tents can be a bit of concern and problem, but we are definitely here with the best one in the market as of now, the Stansport Hunter Series Trophy Hunter Tent which is not just easy to carry but a pocket-friendly deal as well.
Stansport Hunter Series Trophy Hunter Tent
The Stansport Hunter Series Trophy Hunter Tent is entirely made of polyethylene which thus amends for the perfect tent given any kind of weather you are in. Most of the customers who have bought the tent have raved about its amazing and easy assembling and also about its light weight. The dimensions of the tent are definitely something that is precisely a standard size to fit three people easily. The dimensions have been duly noted as 7’ x 7’ x 54” which is the size that is fit for tall people as well.
The entire tent covered in large mesh panels so that the people inside have the maximum ventilation. Apart from that, the reviews about the emergency two door systems in the tent were something that people applauded. We appreciate the fact that the tent is not just durable but is good to be used in any kind of weather, even in rainy season. The floor area of the tent is around 47 sq. ft. and is designed in such a way to keep any kind of moisture out. So, if you are planning on a quick hunting or camping trip during the holidays, the Stansport Hunter Series Trophy Hunter Tent is sure to sustain you and your camping buddies.
Backpacking tent vs hammock
The debate encircling which kind of accommodation for camping and adventure trip is better is something that still remains a haze. It is very difficult to point out which one is the ideal for the trips, a hammock or a tent because, in the end, it depends on the person who is out for the trip. We have enlisted some of the discussions favoring backpacking tents vs hammock.
Hammocks are something that has gained popularity in the past few years after the outdoors tents started overthrowing the concept of tarp away. To simplify the entire equation, hammocks are a lot easier to set up and carry. If a person is out somewhere and there are plenty of trees, and in quick succession, hammocks are pretty much a great idea. The only con about is that it fits one person and that is all.
Tents are on the other hand are closed off, properly ventilated and provide a much more secure surrounding and also fit more than one person. While the tents might be a bit hard to assemble, they still are one of the first priorities when it comes to the accommodation for any kind of camping or outdoor trips.
Backpacking tent vs tarp
This question has been something that has come along for quite a long time and something that is not that complicated to answer. While many people prefer to be closer to nature and use tarp, some think about their safety and use tents during camping. We will try and elaborate some pros for backpacking tent vs tarp for you to choose from.
Backpacking tents are the ideal decision because not just it provides security, it protects you from any kind of possible weather changes which are something not in your hands. Tents also ensure to protect you from any kinds of insects or mosquitoes which might later cause several kinds of health issues that you definitely would want to avoid. Tents are also easier to set up, and they keep you warm.
Tarps, on the other hand, are something that has been going on for quite a long time but is not that secure like the tents. They are open which doesn’t protect you from any kinds of insect or weather changes. The only good thing about carrying a tarp is probably its lighter weight. It is best to opt for tents in order to ensure complete protection during camping.
Backpacking tent placement. Where to pitch a tent?
Camping is definitely a holiday of sorts but something that connects you to nature and brings you closer to it. Many people tend to carry the least things and just the most important necessities. While there might be a lot of concerns, one of the major important issues is backpacking tent placement for the best accommodation when out under the sky.
One of the most important things to look for is a flat ground to pitch the tent. An uneven ground will not only make it difficult to insert the rods but will also be uneasy on the back while sleeping. It is always best to avoid setting up tents on the hills because it might hinder with the safety of the individuals in it. Yet another important thing to assess is the exposure of the tent to the sun. It is best to look for spots which are comparatively shady and not under direct sunlight. Having a close water source is yet another necessity to look after while considering where to pitch the camp. Last but not the least, it is important to test the ground for ensuring the comfort before finally pitching the tent.
With these reviews of the best backpacking tents of 2017, you have got ideas about what to buy and what to avoid. There are several other tents available on the market, but you should make sure that these provide all the facilities and comfort you need.